ABB in brief
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers in roughly 100 countries. With more than four decades at the forefront of digital technologies, we are a leader in digitally connected and enabled industrial equipment and systems with an installed base of more than 70,000 control systems connecting 70 million devices.
- T8.2.3 Smart Services for Trusted Manufacturing Site
- The aim is to provide practical solutions and implementations of big data and predictive analytics techniques to support the engineering of robotics solution as well as effective operation of the manufacturing site.
- Task 1 Data analytics: Application of big data and predictive analytics techniques in order to extract actionable insights from cyber physical system (CPS), Industrie 4.0-enabled components (e.g. robot, PLC, track) and surrounding environment (e.g. production line), with a focus on environments with human-machine interaction. The aim is to make manufacturing sites easily adaptable and scalable to new production needs.
- Task 2 Robot Skills: Development of an interoperable platform for skill-level programming taking into account human-machine interactions. This skill-level programming platform will enable engineers with process knowledge but limited/no (robot) programming knowledge to engineer, program and operate robots in a production line in a safe, easy and fast manner.
- Task 3 Bidirectional coupling of the advanced analytics and the skill-level programming platform: Bidirectional coupling of the advanced analytics and the skill-level programming platform. The analytics have the potential to identify, evaluate and test (simulate) new programming skills or requirements for programming skills. Programmed skills, e.g. in the form of a library, can be used to guide and supervise the analytics.